Sam Deressa and I are pleased to announce the publication of Vol. 1, No. 1 of the new Global South Theological Journal at https://gstjournal.org.
Five articles make up the first issue:
- Ibrahim Bitrus, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, A “Living Dead” In Africa
- Gerd Decke, Gudina Tumsa and Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- Ezekiel Gebissa, The Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekane Yesus (EECMY) Between Indigeneity and Globalism: Re-Measuring Growth,
- Re-Visioning Mission, Recasting Leadership
- Darrell Jodock, Gudina Tumsa’s Contributions to Theology
- Gemechu Olana, An Empowering and Reconciling Presence: Public Ministry in The Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekane Yesus: A Brief Historical Perspective Review with Some Prospective Remarks
All articles are in English, but we have built in capability to use Google Translate for reading the articles in other languages.
Editorial and Publication
- Samuel Deressa, PhD, Concordia University, Saint Paul, MN, USA, editor
- Mark Schuler, ThD (emeritus), Concordia University, Saint Paul, MN USA, managing editor
- Bruk Ayele, PhD, Mekane Yesus Seminary, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Ibrahim Bitrus, PhD, Federal College of Education, Yola, Nigeria
- Suzanne Hequet, PhD (emerita), Concordia University, Saint Paul, MN, USA
- Julius Kiambi Kithinji, PhD, St. Paul University, Limuru, Kenya
- Pum Za Mang, PhD, Myanmar Institute of Theology, Yangon, Myanmar
- Misgana Mathewos, PhD, Ethiopian Graduate School of Theology, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Detlev Schulz, PhD , Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne, IN, USA
This open-source digital journal is published by the Department of Theology and Ministry at Concordia University, Saint Paul, with assistance of a grant from the Hoffmann Initiatives. It is distributed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International licensing (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0).