Outlook after one week
Pausing to reflect
After one week , the hyflex model has helped
- Students with COVID-19 continue to make progress in class.
- Another student won’t fall behind because of the orientation requirements of a practicum.
- A mother is able to keep up while helping her child who is learning from home.
- Several students still uncomfortable with coming to a classroom with others can learn remotely.
- The remaining f2f students can spread out more.
Still challenging after one week are
- the time it take to set up and tear down (15-20 minutes each)
- remote audio
- keeping track of course content and the Zoom session
I remain committed to my plans for the benefits to the students. I expect the challenges to recede.